[vlc-devel] rtcp and udp port collision

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Sat Oct 23 19:35:46 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 20:40 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> I checked the VLC RTP output code. It ignores failure to create the RTCP
> socket (this is another bug). So it must be the client that fails.

What I observed, is the client allocated ports DEST/DEST+1, then the
server allocated SRC/SRC+1, but failed because SRC+1 == DEST.
(that's how I triggered the bug in net_OpenDgram fixed in
ffd3fce0a407c61e8e5aafdad666424fe5233609)
So, because of this previous bug, I didn't have a chance to check what's
really happening in this case.
But I can confirm that this happened server side, because the client
previously allocated DEST/DEST+1.