[vlc-devel] Formal complaint - censorship

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Tue Oct 26 15:50:27 CEST 2010

2010/10/26 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:

> "You may not copy (except as expressly permitted by this license and the
> Usage Rules), decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive
> the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Licensed
> Application, any updates, or any part thereof (except as and only to the
> extent that any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law or to
> the extent as may be permitted by the licensing terms governing use of any
> open-sourced components included with the Licensed Application)."

So basically we just want apple legals to add the "(excerpt open
source)"-type comment in the paragraph you've pointed, as they have
done above.

Shouldn't be a big deal, as this seems to be the direction they are
taking here. You just need a bit of patience, persuasion, and teaching
to explain this.

Pierre.