[vlc-devel] STOP! Think. Act... (was Re: Formal complaint -censorship)

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Oct 27 17:27:10 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 07:03:06AM -0300, salsaman wrote :
> 1) If you (vlc team) turn a blind eye to what Apple are doing, then
> don't be surprised if, some time in the future, some other company
> puts out a closed source version of VLC. When you complain, they can
Could you stop the bullshit, now?

Noone turned a blind eye on Apple.
The iPad app has a direct link to the binary and to the source on our
website.

> then (quite rightly) point out the fact that you allow Apple to
> distribute VLC under terms which are incompatible with the GPL.
The incompatibility is discutable, seeing the topic and seeing that the
source and binaries are available and we make no secret about it.

> 2) It seems that this issue is gathering more publicity, and many see
> it as an opportunity to open dialog with Apple to persuade them to
> change their licensing policy for GPL applications. If you have
You are dreaming ;)
With the MacStore arriving, do you really think so?

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/