[vlc-devel] STOP! Think. Act... (was Re: Formal complaint -censorship)

salsaman salsaman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:14:48 CEST 2010

Jean-Baptiste,
nothing is disputable. Rémi already pointed out where the Apple
licensing terms are in direct conflict with the GPL. The GPL is more
than just providing sourcecode or a link to the sourcecode, it is
about ensuring freedm for users. Apple are basically relicensing the
code under different terms, which is not allowed by the GPL.

If Apple will not change their licensing terms, then they will no
longer be able to distribute VLC via the Appstore. You can cry all you
like, but there are no two ways about it.

Regards,
Salsaman.

http://lives.sourceforge.net
https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/salsaman