[vlc-devel] STOP! Think. Act... (was Re: Formal complaint -censorship )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Oct 31 20:53:00 CET 2010

Le jeudi 28 octobre 2010 14:57:16 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> whether the GPLv2 is a "valid end user license agreement entered into
> between you and the licensor of the App Store Product" ?

Hopefully so, but thus might be insufficient anyway: The "APP STORE PRODUCT
USAGE RULES" read very much incompatible with the GPL to me. And they are
distinct from the "LICENSED APPLICATION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT". The
latter would be inapplicable to VLC if the GPL were an EULA, but not the
former.

In particular, the usage rules seem to restrict to (downloading the software
for) commercial use. But then again, it says "you may download for personnal
use", not "you may not download for commercial use".

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis