[vlc-devel] wrong fps during the play

Giovanni Venturi gventuri at nexera.it
Thu Sep 2 11:13:44 CEST 2010

Hello,
I've got an m4v file that on VLC doesn't play correctly I tryed it on VLC 1.0.2 and 1.1.4 on Linux
and on 0.9.8a and 1.1.4 on Windows. The result is the same, so it's a generic VLC issue. In the
information of the media VLC says 100 frame per second, but opening it on mplayer it says about 7
fps, so mplayer reproduces it correctly with its ~7 fps and VLC plays it very quickly with its 100
fps. Why the fps detection is not correct on VLC? How can I set it manually? I tryed the option --
vc1-fps using 7 as value, 0.25 as value, but the parameter is ignored. How can I do? What is the
correct option?
The fps is something that is written into the original file? I suppose it's evalued by the software
that plays the clip. How is determined by VLC?
Thank you,
Giovanni

--
Ing. Giovanni Venturi