[vlc-devel] '10 meeting

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Sat Sep 4 05:49:01 CEST 2010

	Hello,

The last meeting is about 9 months in the past. I understand that people are
busy right _now_. That includes myself, as you may have noticed from my
/relatively/ low commits count for the recent times.

For all I know and I have a whole *zero* experience in that area, organizing a
meeting takes time and preparation. However, it seems we have only agreed not
to meet on Christmas time, due to suboptimal weathers risks and transport
congestion. And that's all.

Isn't it high time that we Call For a Host? and Sponsors? and possibly for
Papers too (if we want a more externally open and conference-like event)? Or
did I miss that? JB said we had budget, so I have to assume this year's
meeting was not cancelled. I also assume it would still be held on a week-end
given the proportion of volunteers to professionals.

This also brings some more questions: Do we actually stick to idea of an
earlier-than-Xmas time frame? Do we stick to the Paris, France region (the
obvious choice for travel budget optimization)? And perhaps most importantly,
who is organizing it? (Well, maybe it is a silly question as only the
president and treasurer can take care of the financials)

http://www.remlab.net/