[vlc-devel] '10 meeting

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Sep 4 09:18:04 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 06:49:01AM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> For all I know and I have a whole *zero* experience in that area, organizing a
> meeting takes time and preparation. However, it seems we have only agreed not
> to meet on Christmas time, due to suboptimal weathers risks and transport
> congestion. And that's all.

Yes.

I don't plan to organize any VDD '10 at all. I don't have the time to
start organizing it before GSoC summit, (OWF and OVC are some of the
reasons), which means I cannot do it before mid-december.
My plan is to organize VDDx3 early next year, to celebrate VLC's 10
years of open source.

> Isn't it high time that we Call For a Host? and Sponsors? and possibly for
> Papers too (if we want a more externally open and conference-like event)? Or
> did I miss that? JB said we had budget, so I have to assume this year's
> meeting was not cancelled. I also assume it would still be held on a week-end
> given the proportion of volunteers to professionals.
We have the money.

> This also brings some more questions: Do we actually stick to idea of an
> earlier-than-Xmas time frame?
Or after Xmas :D

> Do we stick to the Paris, France region (the
> obvious choice for travel budget optimization)?
The Paris region is good not for budget, but because it is simpler for
me to organize it.

> And perhaps most  importantly,
> who is organizing it? (Well, maybe it is a silly question as only the
> president and treasurer can take care of the financials)

Anyone could. But who wants? This is boring business...

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/