[vlc-devel] Interesting issue with Vlc 1.5 playing youtube videos...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 08:17:16 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I noticed when playing youtube videos after awhile (10-90 seconds) I get a
constant stutter of the video (video starting/stopping). I am running under
Windows 7 32-bit.

The url for the video is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7jJahUhQnY

The pattern I am seeing in the messages is the video buffer buffers then later
gets cleared then rebuffers.

maindebug: Buffering 91%
maindebug: Buffering 92%
maindebug: Buffering 94%
maindebug: Buffering 95%
maindebug: Buffering 96%
maindebug: Buffering 98%
maindebug: Buffering 99%
maindebug: Stream buffering done (1602 ms in 4351 ms)
maindebug: Decoder buffering done in 0 ms
mainwarning: PTS is out of range (13000), dropping buffer
mainwarning: output PTS is out of range (4540000), clearing out
mainwarning: PTS is out of range (-10000), dropping buffer
mainwarning: PTS is out of range (-33000), dropping buffer
mainerror: ES_OUT_SET_(GROUP_)PCR is called too late (pts_delay increased to
2749 ms)
maindebug: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called
mainwarning: early picture skipped
maindebug: Buffering 0%