[vlc-devel] rate in playlist variable also? Was: [vlc-commits] commit: Qt4: don't reset rate when input changes (Ilkka Ollakka )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Sep 14 23:04:34 CEST 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 23:25:50 +0300, Ilkka Ollakka <ileoo at videolan.org>
wrote:
> If I got it right, it should be as simple as adding rate variable to
> playlist also and modify that from gui instead inputs rate ?

No. You still need to change the input rate to affect the current input.

> seems that best would be to move all rate related variables under
playlist
> in this case.

Keep in mind LibVLC does not use the playlist, but can adjust the rate too.
Futhermore, some input items may have their own rate set. In that case, the
input item rate should take precedence over the playlist rate.

So I don't see how you could avoid setting both the current input and the
playlist rates.

> Anyone knows case that this would be bad/breaks other than simple
> p_input -> p_playlist code ?

I don't like the idea that an object would look at its parent.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis