[vlc-devel] p2p-streaming module for VLC

Ralf Hoffmann daBux at gmx.de
Thu Sep 16 11:58:09 CEST 2010

Hello from Germany,

last semester we planed and implement a peer-to-peer streaming module for VLC
1.0.6 on ubuntu. It is part of a software project of the University of
technology Ilmenau.

The module is called PuPLiSt (publish a personal live stream).
It uses 2 UDP ports for signalling and streaming and has a self balancing
algorithm to ensure a stable stream (only tested with maximum 10 peers so far).

The sources can be found on http://sourceforge.net/projects/puplist/

It is tested on ubuntu 10.4. and VLC 1.0.6.
Our maintainer has some problems with the win32 build, because of problems with
OpenMP. Maybe someone with more experience can find a solution.

The module is under GPL and can be modified and a part of VLC if wanted.

So far & happy coding,
Ralf Hoffmann