[vlc-devel] p2p-streaming module for VLC

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Sep 17 03:05:54 CEST 2010

   Hello,

On Thursday 16 September 2010, Ralf Hoffmann wrote:
> last semester we planed and implement a peer-to-peer streaming module for
> VLC 1.0.6 on ubuntu. It is part of a software project of the University of
> technology Ilmenau.

Nice.

(...)
> It is tested on ubuntu 10.4. and VLC 1.0.6.
> Our maintainer has some problems with the win32 build, because of problems
> with OpenMP. Maybe someone with more experience can find a solution.

If you're not using OpenMP, then it's probably something wrong with your build
flags. If however you are actually using OpenMP, then it is unlikely that
you'll get any answer from this mailing list :-( VLC does not use and never
has used OpenMP, so we don't know how it works at all.

> The module is under GPL and can be modified and a part of VLC if wanted.

As a general rule, new features are only acceptable when written against the
mainline development tree (i.e. vlc.git). I don't know how much effort porting
from 1.0.6 to 1.2.0-git would be; that depends on what class of plugin(s) you
have written.

Best regards,

http://www.remlab.net/