[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: broken avi dialog: don't confuse user by asking a binary answer ( Francois Cartegnie )

David Glaude david.glaude at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:20:04 CEST 2010

2010/9/18 Francois Cartegnie <fcvlcdev at free.fr>:
> Le samedi 18 septembre 2010, vous avez écrit :
> User must clearly understand which each action will do. (*)
> The [Repair],[do not repair],[cancel] was just a regular [Yes][no][cancel] on
> a binary question.
> Cancel ? Cancel what ???

I have seen that question from VLC many time and for me the biggest
problem always was:
"Will VLC modify my file if I choose 'Repair' ?"

My next question (to myself) is:
"What if VLC modify my file and fail to repair it... Then I feel safer
not to ask for a repair."

I don't have any good proposal... but please keep the above in mind
while redesigning this question.

Thanks.

David Glaude