[vlc-devel] Daily build of VLC trunk

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Sep 26 06:59:40 CEST 2010

   Hello,

On Sunday 26 September 2010, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> First the trunk branch is imported into a Launchpad bzr branch. This is
> normally done by Launchpad, but due to bug #402814 [3], the import fails
> and I have to "import" [4] it manually on my own machine.

I am quite pissed off with the submodules because they tend to break git-
cherry-pick for no obvious reasons. But that's a completely unrelated problem.

The Launchpad bug seems exagerated though. You don't need to support
submodules to import vlc.git: you can just discard the submodules. In fact,
most developers do that with the native git.

http://www.remlab.net/