[vlc-devel] How to stream frames from webcam (captured with OpenCV)

Matias Hernandez Arellano msdark at archlinux.cl
Fri Apr 1 16:28:52 CEST 2011

(sorry for my poor english)..

I hope i'm writing to right list..

I have an application  to do some image processing created with OpenCV (to capture frames from a camera and manipulate the images) .. now i need to add a streaming capability (the idea is see the result of the processing part in other machine, maybe through HTML5) .. So i made a little research about this, and found i can use different protocols to do that and i think to use RTP ...

Then i try to found a good tool/lib to accomplish my task. .. i try with gstreamer, they have an API called AppSrc to push data into a buffer (in this case the frames getting with OpenCV) and stream that, but i have some troubles to join their Glib Loop with the application, so i think in libvlc , but i can't find any example of how can i do the stream part with frames externally created ... ..

So. It's possible to use libvlc to stream this content??
Any guideline, idea or example about this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Matías Hernandez Arellano
Ingeniero de Software/Proyectos en VisionLabs S.A