[vlc-devel] How to stream frames from webcam (captured with OpenCV)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Apr 1 17:20:27 CEST 2011

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:28:52 -0400, Matias Hernandez Arellano
<msdark at archlinux.cl> wrote:
> Then i try to found a good tool/lib to accomplish my task. .. i try with
> gstreamer, they have an API called AppSrc to push data into a buffer (in
> this case the frames getting with OpenCV) and stream that, but i have
some
> troubles to join their Glib Loop with the application, so i think in
libvlc
> , but i can't find any example of how can i do the stream part with
frames
> externally created ... ..

While you can inject data into LibVLC with the imem plugin, there is
really no (decent) programming interface for it, as nobody ever picked that
task up.

So, yes it's doable. But it's ugly and undocumented at the moment.

http://www.remlab.net/