[vlc-devel] SDK for Win32

Andrew Price messiahandrw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:05:54 CEST 2011

Hi all,

This is great, thanks!
I had to call:
dos2unix configure.ac
<http://configure.ac/>dos2unix */configure.ac

For it to build correctly. Also, 'make' runs fine, but it outputs a vlc.exe
and complains about missing .dlls, so instead I've been calling 'make
package-win32-exe' which creates a nice vlc-1.2.0-git directory with the
executable, dependencies, and plugins in there ready to run. But 'make
package-win32-exe' also fails writing this to std err:

fatal: Not a valid object name .gitignore
cp: cannot stat `/b/Programming/vlc/_win32/share/locale': No such file or
direct
ory
make: [package-win-common] Error 1 (ignored)
cp: cannot stat `./npapi-vlc/installed/lib/npvlc.dll': No such file or
directory

make: *** [package-win-common] Error 1

Here is my complete std out log: http://tinypaste.com/382a13

However despite failing, there's still a runnable copy of vlc.exe in the
vlc-1.2.0-git directory, and I don't know why it failed or if it's required.

Anyway, thanks for the SDK because it's been a big help in getting my
environment up and running.

Andrew