[vlc-devel] Deinterlacer TODO / updated

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Mon Apr 18 12:21:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 04/18/2011 12:48 PM, Glen Gray wrote:
> I'm just going to mention something that we noticed recently. I'm not sure if it's already being addressed as part of this work.
>
> With a de-interlace filter active, Subtitles are flashing on and off the screen for all filters except Blend and X.

Thanks for the report. It's not being addressed as we weren't aware of
the problem.

What's the file (or disc) format with which the problem occurs? Could
you post a short sample that triggers the problem? (You can use
http://streams.videolan.org/upload/ )

I encountered this issue when I was developing IVTC, but it disappeared
when I based the output frame on a different input frame. I have to
admit I have no idea why.

I think that whatever the problem is, it's somewhere outside the
deinterlacer module. Does anyone know if the recent SPU changes could be
causing this?

 -J