[vlc-devel] Deinterlacer TODO / updated

Glen Gray slaine at slaine.org
Mon Apr 18 12:37:30 CEST 2011

On 18 Apr 2011, at 11:21, Juha Jeronen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 04/18/2011 12:48 PM, Glen Gray wrote:
>> I'm just going to mention something that we noticed recently. I'm not sure if it's already being addressed as part of this work.
>>
>> With a de-interlace filter active, Subtitles are flashing on and off the screen for all filters except Blend and X.
>
> Thanks for the report. It's not being addressed as we weren't aware of
> the problem.
>
> What's the file (or disc) format with which the problem occurs?

It's an MPEG2 streaam, MPEG-TS broadcast over the local network (SAP announced) from a DVB-S/Encoder source.

> Could
> you post a short sample that triggers the problem? (You can use
> http://streams.videolan.org/upload/ )

yup, just need to figure out how to get the subtitles captured with the stream. I could probably just do a tcpdump of the raw udp stream.

> I encountered this issue when I was developing IVTC, but it disappeared
> when I based the output frame on a different input frame. I have to
> admit I have no idea why.
>
> I think that whatever the problem is, it's somewhere outside the
> deinterlacer module. Does anyone know if the recent SPU changes could be
> causing this?

I just tried on 1.1.9 and it's still present.
--
Glen Gray
<slaine at slaine.org>