[vlc-devel] Hotkeys, action and interfaces?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sat Apr 23 20:38:28 CEST 2011

   Hello,

On Saturday 23 April 2011, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> > Eventually, key presses should be handled per video output/window, then
> > per input, then per input manager/parent. As such, the hotkeys interface
> > will go away. But until that rework is taken care of, I don't see any
> > value in moving the action handler code to the core. It does not really
> > bring any benefit.
>
> The question was more is it possible to remove some of the code of
> qt/macosx that is duplicated in hotkeys/qt/mac, like "faster_fine",
> "slower_fine", etc...
>
> > key-pressed (NEVER directly via key-action). Conversely, to perform a
> > specific action, not triggered by a hotkey, Just Do It(tm). Don't use
> > "key-pressed" or "key-action" at all.
>
> Well, yes, but for example, see AdjustRateFine() in
> modules/control/hotkeys.c that isn't available in qt/macos without
> recoding it completly.
> (The 2 actions related to this function are the
> only ACTIONID used in Qt, btw... Mac is not as good though...)

You could create new functions or variable callbacks in input or playlist
core. I just don't want the interfaces to go through the hotkeys interface
except for actual hotkeys. *But* it would make sense to first start the input
manager factorization work. This is only one aspect thereof.

http://www.remlab.info