[vlc-devel] GSoC Android Port

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Mon Apr 25 15:45:40 CEST 2011

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 02:39:28PM +0800, 某因幡 wrote :
> I have a personal android port at github. (
> https://github.com/tewilove/faplayer)
> It's mainly based on VLC-1.2.0 git.

I am sorry I missed your mail. This seems pretty cool stuff, indeed.

> The pthread_cancel workaround is from vlc-android.
> And unlike vlc-android, the aout/vout links directly with android private
> libraries.
So it is faster? Is this acceptible for the market?

> It should work on Android 1.6+. Basic control and subtitle looks OK.
I think we can afford to just use 2.1+ anyway.

> As I know MoboPlayer/VitalPlayer and so on also works in this way.
ok.

> I'm wondering:
> * aout chain wastes some CPU time
What part?

> * yuv2rgb can be optimize more
Did you look at some NEON asm to do so?
Did you ask Mans?

> * implement auto frame skipping in decoder(?) should help improve user
> experience
I am not sure what you mean here...

Do you want to merge some of your work on vlc.git or vlc-android.git? Do
you want vlc-android.git access?

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf