[vlc-devel] GSoC Android Port

某因幡 tewilove at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:39:28 CEST 2011

Hi,
I have a personal android port at github. (
https://github.com/tewilove/faplayer)
It's mainly based on VLC-1.2.0 git.
The pthread_cancel workaround is from vlc-android.
And unlike vlc-android, the aout/vout links directly with android private
libraries.
It should work on Android 1.6+. Basic control and subtitle looks OK.
As I know MoboPlayer/VitalPlayer and so on also works in this way.
Now I'm trying to improve the performance.
I'm wondering:
* aout chain wastes some CPU time
* yuv2rgb can be optimize more
* implement auto frame skipping in decoder(?) should help improve user
experience
Any ideas?

2011/4/7 Rohit Yadav <rohityadav89 at gmail.com>

> Hello Guillermo,
>
> The reason I am contacting you is because I am really interested on working
>> with your project, to be more especific i would like to participate on the "Android
>> port" idea for this summer.
>>

> Nice, join #videolan on irc.freenode.net and discuss you ideas with
> MagSoft, ivoire and other android devs.
>

>> Recently I became a registered andorid develper, I have submitted a couple
>> of apps<https://market.android.com/details?id=com.inncosys.mobilecommunication> to
>> the Market, I feel really enthusiastic to Andorid Development, I've used
>> VLC Player for a while, and I love it, so it would be fantastic to
>> contribute to a such a great project, I'm looking forward to get involed
>> with it, I hope it isn't to late for me.
>>

> Good, grab the latest source, see if you can build and run the present
> version on an emulator or on your android 2.2+ device:
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-android.git;a=summary
> If your project is around android port's interface, then for example you're
> required to have (some) knowledge of Java, libVLC, C, JNI and/or android
> interface design which you use to implement a basic interface, activities,
> services, preferences, playlists, media browser, media library etc.
>
> Also I would like to know any extra information or  suggestions to
>> participate on the android port for VLC.
>>

> Tell us what your project is all about, time is short! Prepare your
> proposal and you're required to submit a qualification task.
> I suggest you fix a small bug or implement a feature in the android port
> for the qualification task.
>
> HTH,
> Rohit

language: Chinese, Japanese, English