[vlc-devel] Use RTP over RTSP (TCP) not working in 1.1.9

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Apr 26 21:02:54 CEST 2011

   Hello,

On Tuesday 26 April 2011, John Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed RTP over RTSP as well as RTSP/RTP over HTTP do not work anymore
> in the standalone player. Are there any plans to fix this?

Is it any better with VLC 1.2?

Unfortunately, VLC is reliant on live555. There are in any case, known
potential causes for dead-locking. I believe there is NO WAY around some of
those other than replacing live555 with a VLC-native RTSP stack. And that
would be a massive undertakement (Read: I do not have time to take that up).

http://www.remlab.info