[vlc-devel] ANLoc Localisation Project

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Wed Apr 27 00:42:19 CEST 2011

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 22, 11 at 17:29 +0000, Jojoo Imbeah wrote:
> A number of our language teams have successfully completed translating
> trimmed down versions of the full VLC .po file
>
> Please find the translations (from
> http://pootle.locamotion.org/projects/mini_vlc) of the following languages
> attached.
>
> af - Afrikaans
> ach - Acholi
> am - Ahmaric
> cgg - Chiga
> lg - Luganda
> zu - Zulu

Busy recovering from long week-end. Will look at these later.

> Some of the teams also want to be able to communicate directly with VLC
> developers. Do they need to join the developer list in order to be able to
> do this? Or can they simply send you direct email? I want to know if it is
> OK for me to send them your email address.

The best is to write to translators at videolan.org . You don't need to
subscribe but it speeds up thing because it avoid moderation.

You can also write to vlc-devel at videolan.org if it's very technical.

> How soon can we get all these languages included in the next VLC release?

I (or someone else) should committhem this week. That will activate them
automatically for Linux. For Win and Mac we usually activate them only
if a majority of the "normal" GUI is translated. If you selcted the
strings for vlc_mini correctly it should be ok

Then we need a release: we reached the point in the 1.1.x branch where
we only release if we accumulated anough bug fixes or if someone
discover a securit issue. That makes date difficult to predict.

Thanks for your work

--
Xtophe