[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove oldhttp

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Apr 28 22:08:31 CEST 2011

   Hello,

On Thursday 21 April 2011, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> | Thu Apr 21
> 11:39:41 2011 +0200| [bba2eae5891e8727f09ec422ceb2103fc29b51c9] |
> committer: Jean-Baptiste Kempf
>
> Remove oldhttp

I support(ed) this.

> Sure, this will be unpopular, and this will likely kill you kittens, but
> maintaining 2 http interface is stupid and counter-productive.

And I totally agree with that.

> Let's hope luahttp will finally get fixed.

But I think this is really wishful hand-waiving.

Bug fixing is not a sexy activity that will attract new developers. In fact,
the more bugs languish, the less attractive the project becomes. Bug fixing is
also not a tangible university-creditable project for IT students. And you
know better than I do that sponsored (VLC) development does not happen.

http://www.remlab.info