[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Remove oldhttp

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Apr 28 23:15:01 CEST 2011

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:08:31PM +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> But I think this is really wishful hand-waiving.
>
> Bug fixing is not a sexy activity that will attract new developers. In fact,
> the more bugs languish, the less attractive the project becomes. Bug fixing is
> also not a tangible university-creditable project for IT students. And you
> know better than I do that sponsored (VLC) development does not happen.

:D

Yes, but, luahttp is broken, but not too much, and sorry to say, this
isn't hard code. With the nice combination of:
 - people having business related around it,
 - a nice student for GSoC, willing to work on it and improve it,
 - a clear opinion in favor of luahttp by 3 of the 5 most active devs,
 - bugs not that monstruous to deal with (I mean, it isn't SSL on Win32,
   or managing playlist random),
I believe the matter is not hopeless :D

Best Regards,

--