[vlc-devel] Porting VLC to NaCl

The Configurator configurator at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 03:00:59 CEST 2011

Hello,

Has anyone considered porting VLC to run on NaCl? That's a requirement to
run on Chrome OS, and of course would mean it can work on any OS as a Chrome
Application which would be nice.

If not, and you don't know of a reason not to try, I'm willing to spend a
while looking into it. I only need one thing to get started - what are the
minimum possible requirements for building, assuming I have no external
libraries? In other words, what libraries are essential which ones can I get
rid of? I'm fine with it not being able to decode anything as a first step
for example. So what do I need to do to create a minimum build?

Thanks for your help.