[vlc-devel] intf-event INPUT_EVENT_POSITION notification adjustment

Lukasz M lukasz.m.luki at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:59:56 CEST 2011

Hello community,

It's my first visit on this mailing list, so hello everyone!

I'm working on bigger module, but I found issue with callback on
input_thread_t object

I'm adding callback this way:
var_AddCallback( p_input, "intf-event", ListenCallback, p_client );

and I got ListenCallback called "rarly" with newval.i_int ==
INPUT_EVENT_POSITION

The point is, I was expecting this callback to be called when video
frames are changing.
There is hardcoded value of 250ms which is too low in my opinion.
I'm working on subtitles editor as a final goal and resolution of
1/4sec to fix them is really low.
I attached commit to reduce this period to 50ms.

And second thing, callback is called with newval.i_int ==
INPUT_EVENT_POSITION (which means
position and time changed) even when player is paused. I added fix for it too.

Best Regards,
Lukasz Marek