[vlc-devel] why there are different stream header of avcodec for decoding and transcoding

yahui liu yahuior at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 01:56:50 CEST 2011

I used avcodec to decode and transcode individually. It cannot receive a
proper header of the first decode packet.
But for transcode, it can receive the proper header. I would like someone to
help me understand why for same video file
decode and transcode produce different stream header? And why AVcodec can
successfully decode without a proper header?

Please find the attached image file which includes the header data.

Thanks!