[vlc-devel] a pitfall when cross-compiling win32 build on 64bit machine

Naohiro KORIYAMA nkoriyama at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 07:48:54 CET 2011

I compile win32 build on OS X Lion.

First, it seemed fine, but lua scripts didn't run at all.
I installed lua in /usr/local/bin, and it was built as 64bit application.
And, I found the following in the LUAC man page:
The binary files created by luac are portable only among architectures
with the same word size and byte order.

Oops, that's it.
After I made luac 32bit version, and use it by "LUAC=luac32
..../win32/configure.sh ...", lua scripts worked on win32 build.
I don't know about Linux 64bit environment, on
http://wiki.videolan.org/Win32Compile, there is no description about
it.

--
KORIYAMA, Naohiro