[vlc-devel] [patch] [LUA HTTP] adding file:// to the Input field

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Feb 22 09:08:44 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 01:17:21 -0500, Erik Saule <esaule at bmi.osu.edu> wrote:
> I encountered a bug while using vlc through the lua http
> interface. After selecting a file in the local filesystem, the path to
> the file is copied to the "Input" field. However, this does not allow
> to play the file directly: one must add manually "file://" to make the
> string a valid MRL.

Assuming the path is absolute, it's not as simple as prepending "file://".

A few counter examples:

"/home/user/My Music/Track #1.flac"
-> "file:///home/user/My%20Music/Track%20%231.flac"

"E:\My Music"
-> "file:///E:/My%20Music"

So I very much doubt that this patch is correct.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis