[vlc-devel] [patch] [LUA HTTP] adding file:// to the Input field

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Feb 22 16:41:30 CET 2011

Le mardi 22 février 2011 16:50:16 erik, vous avez écrit :
> > That's not a valid URI.
>
> Do we agree that it currently works with that file name ?

No, we don't even agree on that. But I find this point irrelevant because I
don't want to merge patches with known errors in any case.

> ( it looks like an invalid URI but the video still loads )

It does not just look invalid. It is invalid. Refer to the IETF RFC.

> > > and the file plays correctly.
> > >
> > > Am I missing your point ?
> >
> > You are. It's more complicated. As shown in the examples.
>
> Do you mean that building a valid URI is more complicated than adding
> file://

Yes.

> or do you mean that in some cases, file:// should not be
> prefixed ?

No. I am saying it is more complicated than that and even than replacing white
spaces with %20. It's complicated enough that we have a dedicated helper
function in C code.

http://www.remlab.info/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis