[vlc-devel] [patch] [LUA HTTP] adding file:// to the Input field

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 22 23:32:25 CET 2011

> No. I am saying it is more complicated than that and even than
> replacing white spaces with %20. It's complicated enough that we have
> a dedicated helper function in C code.

You have to replace many invalid characters by % codes. If you don't,
the resulting URI will be invalid even if it still works, but if there
are non-ASCII characters in the file path it will be a problem.

See the function make_URI() in src/text/strings.c, you'll have to do all
of that in the javascript.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."