[vlc-devel] Compiled VLC worked on WinXP but not Win7

Geoffroy Couprie geo.couprie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 13:18:40 CET 2011

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Susan Henderson <shenderson at greenwood.ca> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> We managed to compile VLC 1.1.5 in Windows XP under the MinGW/Msys
> environment.  The compiled vlc.exe ran well on various WinXP machines.
>  However, when we try the same vlc.exe on Windows 7 machine, it crashed.
>
> Is there anything I need to do different for Win 7 environment?

Could you try one of the followings:
-run vlc under gdb
-use DrMinGW to get a stacktrace (
http://code.google.com/p/jrfonseca/downloads/detail?name=drmingw-0.4.4.zip
°
-Post the content of the file C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\vlc\crashdump

There is some Windows 7 specific code in VLC that might cause the crash.

Best regards,

Geoffroy