[vlc-devel] Access to decompressed audio

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Jan 11 15:14:45 CET 2011

   Hello,

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:43:46 +0200, Sergey Vlasov <sergey.vlsv at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> This is the latest version I had seen around. Untested, not coded by /me
>> and comes with No warranty whatsoever
>>

> Thank you!
>
> I found "Stream to memory (smem) tutorial" and succeeded to draw a
> waveform :) but I have few questions.
>
> It seems that the data is streamed with x1 speed (like when normally
> playing back a file). I would like it to be streamed full-speed (as
> fast as CPU allows).

I guess that is "--no-sout-smem-time-sync".

> And if it's possible I wonder if I can do multiple streaming
> simultaneously but with different speed per each?

You will need multiple media player objects. That's where you might hit the
wall: there is no proper LibVLC API around smem at the moment

> Also, how can I setup a second stream for streaming to my sound card as
it
> happens by default?

Just don't pass the extra sout/smem options. Again, you will git the same
wall.

Someone really should add APIs around smem much like we now have for vmem.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis