[vlc-devel] vlc ts stream help

Mehmet Kurnaz hmehmetkurnaz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 16:01:20 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am in a very bad situation in a project. We use vlc as TV(DVB-S) streamer
 in a mobile system. VLC reads from receivers and streams as http stream
libsouphttp.
Sometimes antenna can't see satellite so there is no data. On the player
side this is a big problem. On player, we us gstreamer. If there is no data
for 1-2 seconds from vlc(stream server), gstreamer stops decoding on player.
Is it possible, VLC stream dummy data (maybe blank screen that has "No
Signal"  message) if there is no data on receivers? It is very important.

So thanks
Mehmet Kurnaz