[vlc-devel] 'Motion Detection Video Filter' Setting

Kaarlo Räihä kaarlo.raiha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:09:20 CEST 2011

2011/7/20 Vikas Nakil <vikas.nakil at hotmail.com>

>  frnds,
> hello frnds, In vlc 0.9.2, i have enabled the motion detection video
> setting,it works gr8.
> but while playing video it show the moving rectangle which is an effect of
> that 'motion detection video setting'.
> Is there any way to hide that moving rectangle on video without disabling
> that 'Motion Detection Video Filter'.
> Or is there any other option to view the videos without that moving
> rectangle(i.e motion vectors).I hope you understood my problem ..?
> Waiting for ur positive reply ,thanks in advance.
>
> Q2. i have another probem,
> in 0.9.2 version,in setting motion detection ,i used this style :
> ':video-filter=motion' ---------works gr8 on 0.9.2,
> but it doesnt wrk on any above version,
> i even tried '--video-filter=motion' ,'-video-filter=motion' -------- but
> none wrks... plss helps...i knw its very silly Question but i m really new
> to this vlc

vlc --video-filter=motion
that works just fine in VLC 1.1.11

And there isn't any option to disable those rectangles that motion detection
filter draws. But one could edit the motiondetec.c filter and set the Draw
function calls to conditional ones.
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=modules/video_filter/motiondetect.c

And if you want to get any reasonable answers from this mailing list, you
have to learn to write normal English. Words like gr8, wrk etc. will just
get you blacklisted.