[vlc-devel] xcb_screen evolution

natalia armas narmasfiodor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:27:27 CEST 2011

Hy,

I am interested in the modification of a module xcb_screen. I would like to
make a script that starts vlc directly in the screen capture mode(with no
gui), records for a non limited period(1 month for example) but making small
movies that lasts 10 minutes each.
I tried to understand how the screen recording is done in vlc, but the
source code is so huge, that I didn't manage to understand yet how it works
and which is the link between the framebuffer, hard disk, cpu, X server etc.

Could you tell me if this is difficult to realise, how should I work in
order to understand the whole capture process? does anyone has any ideas how
to do this?
Can you provide me some conception documents on this module, or some papers
that could help me do this code evolution.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Regards,
Nata