[vlc-devel] How can DIV cover VLC ActiveX control transparently

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 18:00:56 CEST 2011

    I know that vlc has image composite mechanism which  supports text and OSD composite display through subpicture (vout_subpictures.c).  But I don't know the details, so I'll check them further.   I also know subpicture composte can't support geometry objects such as rectangle, triangle, circle.  I'm looking for the way to add such functions.
    The difficult problem I meet now is that vlc source code is complicated and hard to understand.  Tt's tedious to understand its every detail.  I don't know where is the appropriate place to add my code.
    Firstly, I want to draw one transparent rectangle overlaying on image when the player is paused.  Then I can move,enlarge and shrink it.

    zhu