[vlc-devel] How can DIV cover VLC ActiveX control transparently

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Jun 7 22:26:34 CEST 2011

Le mardi 7 juin 2011 19:00:56 zhu shi song, vous avez écrit :
>     I know that vlc has image composite mechanism which  supports text and
> OSD composite display through subpicture (vout_subpictures.c).  But I
> don't know the details, so I'll check them further.

If you want to go that way, you'll need to write a new SPU source plugin to
VLC, very much like the logo and the marquee filters. This might not be very
practical for ActiveX though.

The other option is to select a video output plugin that supports compositing
by the graphic adapter, and use a transparent window on top of the video
window. Well, that's the high level idea anyway; I have never tried myself.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis