[vlc-devel] How can DIV cover VLC ActiveX control transparently

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 10:59:10 CEST 2011

   Subpictures are displayed synchronously when vout thread displays pictures. But if video is paused, vout thread can do nothing.  So filters analogous to logo can't work for me.
   My task is when player is paused, I can add some video annotations such as spotlight, note. Spotlight is one rectangle which can be manipulated with mouse and displayed semi-trasparently over video.  The same frame can hold several different type of annotations.

   When playing video, player can use filter to composite video and its attached annotations.  Vlc can composite logo picture with video. If vlc can composite one html page which is comprised of DIVs, textareas , or can composite spotlight, note with video directly ,the thing will be easy.  Otherwise I firstly convert the annotation elements to images, then add these images to video like logo filter does.  It's not suitable for web application.

  I see subpicture region has psz_html field.  Can vlc support html elements(textarea, div) rendering?

   I'm tring to find practical way to add video annotations like youtube does using VLC activeX control.  I need your help!

   thanks
    zhu