[vlc-devel] new LUA HTTP Interface Part 3

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Jun 17 10:30:37 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:35:50PM -0400, Elminster2031 wrote :
> >Please reply inline (quoting). Referring by number to unnumbered bullets in
> >another mail is really not friendly.
>
> I apologize as I am still familiarizing myself with posting here

We all learned the hard way.

> >>1) I only show 4 errors, but non-the-less it should be changed
> >http://validator.w3.org doesn't say the same
>
> That's where I went and only showed four errors, never-the-less it was changed

Great.

> >>5) Yes the 'open stream' is designed for one click streaming for user
> >>friendliness
> >
> >The name must reflect the usage.
>
> What do you recommend?

What name ?

> By manually using a color, it adds user complexity when changing themes.
> Again, manual colors is not theme friendly.
> Again, manual colors.

Avoid manual things, please...

> >>9) 'Audio slider is not really working' needs more explanation. What
> >>audio slider? 'Audio Delay'?
> >
> >Drag or click, the volume always goes back to the previous value.
>
> I do not experience this problem in any of my environments. Do you
> see it send the command? Does the library reload?

Worksforme too.

> >>11) The playlist loads with the media library and is an output from
> >>playlist.xml, if it displays wrong, it isn't coming out of the xml
> >>right.
> >
> >You're building an UI, not printing raw data.
> >Think about people with long and/or many subdirs.
> >Just suppress anything before the last '/' for the item entry and keep the
> >link as is.
>
> My point is the xml output should be standardized. The UI should not
> have to process pre-processed information.

This is nitpicking and should be done by a later patch if someones
wants.

> >>I have tested with FF: 4.0.1, GC: 12.0.742.100, IE 9.0
> >
> >We need tests with some more buggier (IE <<) and some more pickier (webkit
> >based).
>
> Be my guest.

Clear. Blocking a patch because of broken browsers is just stupid.

> >"1.2.0-git Twoflower - Lua Web Interface - Copyright © 1996-2011 the VideoLAN
> >team "
> >What about adding a link to a new Wiki Web Page dedicated to this new
> >interface ? (will put online help there)

Wiki doesn't have anything to do with that patch.

> What new wiki? With as many times as these patches have come back to
> me, I really don't know if it will ever make it into the release.
I know it is frustrating.

Is it better than the current intf?
I am sure the answer is 100x Yes, so it will be merged quite soon.

If people want to nitpick afterwards, they are welcome to send patches.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734