[vlc-devel] Deinterlacer broken, possibly a PTS issue - any ideas?

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Mar 4 08:49:17 CET 2011

On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 06:12:07 +0200, Juha Jeronen <juha.jeronen at jyu.fi>
wrote:
> I updated my vlc-1.2-git tree two days ago, and since then the
> deinterlacer module has stopped working properly for many streams.
>
> I'm getting bursts of late frames (up to 200ms or so), which causes the
> playback to seriously stutter. This didn't happen with the version of
> vlc-1.2-git from early January I had earlier.

If you have a known good older version, you can find the faulty commit with
git-bisect.

At that point, I'll cross my finders so that it turns out to be Laurent's
fault rather than mine :D

(...)
> [ 7498.214428] vlc[20428]: segfault at 4 ip b4d5cce6 sp bfa2c0b0 error 4
> in libQtDBus.so.4.6.3[b4d19000+76000]

Did you use the Open file dialog? That's a known KDE bug.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis