[vlc-devel] DASH access plugin

Christopher Müller christopher.mueller at itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Mon Mar 7 20:34:09 CET 2011

> Le lundi 7 mars 2011 20:15:36 Christopher Müller, vous avez écrit :
> > - p_access->psz_demux = strdup("avformat") will only be set if the
> XML is a
> > valid DASH XML
> > I thought that this will fix what you have mentioned, because the
> HTTP URI
> > will only be overwritten if the XML is a valid DASH XML?
>
> You're still forcing one more HTTP/TCP connection for each and every
> HTTP URI
> that is ever opened with VLC. This is _not_ a good idea.

I could check the file extension before I open the HTTP connection would
this be ok for you? But also other plugins at the access layer that try to
open the XML, have to open a HTTP connection to check the content of the
file or? I do not want to port everything to the stream_filter layer if it
is not necessary.