[vlc-devel] VLC addons website

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Mar 13 10:46:16 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:30:16PM +0100, Pierre Ynard wrote :
> Since when is this around? There are 7 skins, some of which were
> uploaded in 2008. Is that all there is for now?

Those are tests skins. They will be deleted.

> The website confused me, especially the knowledge, events and people
> tabs.
I'll ask about knowledge and events. But we need people.

> And the status message, events and jobs bloat at the bottom of the
> page.
I'll ask.

> Also, what are "internet channels", "plugins" and "playlist
> parsers" ? Maybe there should be a help page describing that (or linking
> somewhere).
Good idea, I'll see what is doable.
Do you have better names?

> If we are admins, what does it involve?
Being able to clean and edit the addons

> Anything that might make us
> legally responsible as content editors in the EU sense?
No, we are not.

>What if the
> website goes blatantly unmodered with legally-questionable add-ons,
> and companies start complaining and accuse us of linking to a website
> well-known for providing for piracy?
If this is the case, we'll remove the link.

> > Sad point:
> >  - we will probably loose the historic data of the votes on the skins
> >    page.
>
> T_T Can't we rig the votes or something?

There is a REST API. do you want to try to script it?

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/