[vlc-devel] ModSecurity

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Mar 22 09:33:35 CET 2011

Hello,

Seeing the vague of spam on the wiki, the forum and the trac, and seeing
that most solution provided by MediaWiki, phpBB and edgewall are totally
useless in addition of being hard to maintain, I have installed a php
solution: ModSecurity...

Helped by Master Jedi Diego (Flameeyes), and his set of rules, it does
work (and has filtered already 10,000 of accesses, and notably POST
requests).
This will increase the load on sirius, and will make the website a bit
slower, but I don't see any other solution.

If you still see issues, or if you cannot access one of those websites,
while you should, please tell us.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf