[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Qt: menu: move advanced open.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Mar 25 12:32:04 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:23:23PM +0100, Francois Cartegnie wrote :
> Le jeudi 24 mars 2011, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> > Certainly not.
> > Not having "Open File" as the first item is wrong.
>
> Not sure of this, as we have no real feedback on UI entries usage.

But you don't have anything to back up your change.

Most software have the "Open File" as the first item of the first menu.
If you want to change this, you have to explain why.

> Pointing the "general" case then "particular" case makes sense to me.

No, it doesn't. The advanced open file is more complex, and more
confusing (Rémi is right), but it has its uses (sub-file, input-slave,
caching change, MRL customization) notably for video professional.
Therefore, it must be less used than the first one.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/