[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Qt: menu: move advanced open.

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Fri Mar 25 12:48:05 CET 2011

Le vendredi 25 mars 2011, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> Most software have the "Open File" as the first item of the first menu.
> If you want to change this, you have to explain why.

Copying others is a bad habit. Firefox has "Open File" is below "Open new
window" and "Open Location", just because it correctly places the most used at
top.

Subsequent shortcuts points to some parts of the "advanced" dialog, keeping
the advanced options (you don't want everyone to see) available. That's why
shortcuts are a particular case for me.

I'll move things around, but some usage stats would be helpful here, and in
some other places.

Francois