[vlc-devel] [RFC] http vs luahttp

Rob rob at hobbyistsoftware.com
Mon Mar 28 20:55:49 CEST 2011

well - you don't need an iphone to debug. That's just what I was doing.

some more details below.

re sending a patch - sadly I don't have the skills to do that.

I wasn't intending to cause offence by talking about these bugs - but they
do seem relevant to the http vs luahttp discussion.

My point is just that I don't think the luahttp interface is ready to
replace the oldhttp interface on mac & linux.

meanwhile, if you did have time/inclination to debug

I'm talking about commands like:
http://192.168.0.16:8080/requests/status.xml?command=key&val=aspect-ratio

or just use the attached html to send commands to localhost.

it seems that sending the same command repeatedly is more stable - but
still crashes soon enough.

I have sent a handful of crash reports. I'm not sure where they end up,
but if the system is searchable, you'll find them by looking for my email
address in the description with luahttp.

Rob