[vlc-devel] ideea for GSoC

Andrew Price messiahandrw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 04:04:25 CEST 2011

Hi Sebastian Brestin,

I'm also going to write my own GSoC proposal for VLC, but your idea sounds
interesting. I think it will help you to be a bit more descriptive - what
exactly are you suggesting? Do you mean a native Symbian/Android/Win
Mobile/IOS application? What sort of features will this offer? I think what
might be more helpful is to allow one VLC instance to control another VLC
instance (over network or bluetooth), and then port VLC to your mobile
platform. Having a complete copy of VLC running on your mobile opens up the
option of playing a file on your computer and streaming it to your mobile!

Andrew